Gatwick Airport: Travel To and From Gatwick Airport:
Gatwick Airport, or London Gatwick as it was previously known, is the second largest of the five London airports. Gatwick is about 45.7 km south of London. With over 32 million passengers passing through its two terminals, Gatwick ranks second to Heathrow Airport in terms of passenger numbers.
Gatwick’s North and South terminals are connected by a shuttle monorail. The South Terminal is the older and busier of the two and this is where the airport railway station is located. About 102 airlines operate at Gatwick Airport with networks serving 280 destinations.
Getting to and from Gatwick Airport
Gatwick has good ground transportation options and in fact it is Gatwicks’s objective to have 40% of passengers using public transport transfers by 2015.
Gatwick Airport Train
All train services operate from Gatwick’s South Terminal. If your flight to Gatwick is arriving at the North Terminal, you can get to the South Terminal easily by taking the free transit shuttle service. It takes just two minutes.
The most convenient way to reach the city is with the Gatwick Express. This non-stop train service to Victoria Station leaves every 15 minutes and it takes about 30 minutes to reach the city. At Victoria Station in London, trains arrive and depart from platforms 13 and 14, which have check-in facilities for British Airways and American Airlines.
Book your Gatwick Express ticket HERE.
Other Gatwick Airport Train Services
First Capital Connect – Trains run every 15 minutes to Brighton (via Mid Sussex) and to Bedford via East Croydon, London Bridge, St Pancras International and Luton.
First Great Western – Services run to Redhill, Guilford and Reading.
Southern - The northbound trains run to London Victoria via East Croydon and Clapham Junction, and to London Bridge via East Croydon. Southbound services run to Brighton, Eastbourne, Portsmouth and Southampton.
By Bus and Coach
Gatwick is connected to more than 400 UK towns and cities by regular coach services. There are also direct coach services to Heathrow, central London, Bristol, Brighton, Birmingham, Oxford, Cambridge and Norwich.
- National Express provides an hourly direct coach service to London Victoria Station. Journey time is about 85 minutes. As the UK’s largest operator of coach services National Express provides services to a network of towns and cities in the UK.
- Oxford Bus Company runs hourly direct bus services to Oxford.
- EasyBus operates minivans from the North and South Terminals to Earls Court/West Brompton.
- Local buses connect the North and South Terminals with Crawley, Horley, Redhill, Horsham and other destinations.
Gatwick Airport Taxi
Journey times and costs vary depending on your destination. It takes around 65 minutes to central London.
Gatwick is 45km south of London and is linked directly to the M23 at Junction 9 and to the A23 London-Brighton road. The M25 is a ten-minute drive away (Junction 7), providing connections to the national road and motorway network.
If you’re using satnav our postcodes are: South Terminal: RH6 0NP | North Terminal: RH6 0PJ
The major car hire companies like Hertz, Avis, Europcar, National and Alama have desks in the car rental offices near the entrance of each terminal.
Parking at Gatwick Airport
There are plenty of short and long stay car parks at Gatwick.
Gatwick Airport Hotels
- The Hilton Hotel is just minutes walk from Gatwick Airport South Terminal. The hotel is linked to the South Terminal by a covered walkway.
- The Sofitel London Gatwick is connected to the North Terminal by a covered walkway. It is also within easy reach of the South Terminal via the free shuttle.
- For something a little different, YOTEL offers 46 cabins in the South Terminal which can be rented for four hours or overnight. YOTEL is like a more luxurious version of the Japanese capsule hotels.
- For other Gatwick Airport hotels see HERE.
Gatwick Airport Address:
West Sussex RH6 0NP
Tel: +44 (0)844 335 1802
Gatwick Airport Map:Let's talk more about this... can you do me a quick 30-second favor and leave a comment below?