HOTEL REVIEW: MöVENPICK HOTEL AMSTERDAM CITY CENTRE IS NOT AS CENTRAL AS THE NAME IMPLIES:
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre is a 408-room 4-star hotel belonging to the Mövenpick hotel chain. Although the name of the hotel implies a city centre location, Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre is actually not in central Amsterdam. The hotel is located north-east of the city centre, on the edge of the River IJ.
Our room was not large, but it was spacious enough. Both the room and bathroom were modern and comfortable for our one night stay.
Although the hotel is not in the city centre, transport is not a problem. Opposite the hotel is the Muziekgebouw Bimhuis tram stop and Amsterdam Central Railway Station is only one tram stop away. From the central train station there are tram, bus and metro connections to just about anywhere in the city. The hotel also provides a free shuttle mini bus to the Central Station, but you do need to book in advance.
A Convenient Hotel for Those Doing River Cruises
For those joining cruises, this hotel is a convenient beginning and end of cruise hotel as it is next to the cruise port.
What we liked:
- River views and its riverside location
- Wi-Fi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge
- Staff are friendly and concierge was very attentive. When we told him how the taxi driver had taken us on a long drive from the Okura Hotel, he was quite upset and wanted to know if we had the licence number
- Free shuttle to Central Station
- Nearby attractions – NEMO Science Center is only 5 minutes away
What we didn’t like:
- There wasn’t anything that we didn’t like about the Mövenpick, however prior to this hotel we were staying at the Okura Amsterdam, a luxury hotel in Amsterdam’s trendy De Pijp district, so we were quite spoilt there.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Piet Heinkade 11, Zeeburg, 1019 BR Amsterdam
Map of Amsterdam: