Known for its sandy beach and the many restaurants and nightclubs
La Barceloneta is Barcelona’s seaside resort neighbourhood, known for its sandy beach and the many restaurants and nightclubs along its boardwalk. Tony and Helen checked it out late one Sunday afternoon:
“We’re at Barceloneta, and that’s the W Hotel.
And now, if I pull back, you’ll be able to see all the Spanish at play!
Actually, there are quite a few tourists here as well, but not as many as you might think.
We’re at the weekend, and there’s the yellow flag, not the same as in Australia, but frankly, the sea has not got a lot of surf, and there aren’t that many rips, but there are jellyfish.
Anyway, it’s getting quite late now. There are three main beaches here, but the sun’s getting down, although it’s still 25 degrees Centigrade.
If I move sideways you can see in the distance, towards the Port Olympic, I believe, Frank Gehry’s famous fish, Gold Fish (Peix d’Or), glistening in the last rays of the sun.
It’s a pleasant place, and now it’s a nice temperature, but it was very hot indeed.”
Please have a look our other videos, and if you like them, why not subscribe to our Travelsignposts YouTube channel? And get more interesting info about Barcelona, Barceloneta and Port Vell by checking out the many features on this website:
- Port Vell – Barcelona’s Leisure Port
- Barcelona, The Creative Capital of Catalonia
- Santa Maria Del Pi – A Medieval Church in the Barri Gotic
- The Magic Fountain of Montjuic – La Font Magica
- Montjuic – Barcelona’s Hilltop Park
- Barcelona Zoo or Parc Zoologic
- Casa Bruno Cuadros – Once a House of Umbrellas
- La Seu – Cathedral of Barcelona
- Barcelona’s Arc de Triomf – Not a Triumphal Arch
- MNAC – Barcelona’s Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
- Poble Espanyol – Barcelona’s Spanish Village
- Las Ramblas – A Perfect Place to Ramble
- Sagrada Familia – Gaudi’s Temple of the Holy Family
- La Pedrera – Gaudi’s Stone Quarry
- Parc Güell – Another of Gaudi’s Gift to Barcelona
- Gaudi Architecture of Barcelona
- Palau de la Música Catalana – A Palace for Catalan Music
- Gran Teatre Del Liceu or Simply Liceu Barcelona
- El Corte Inglés – Shopping Services for Tourists
- La Roca Village – A Designer Outlet in Barcelona
- Sésamo – An Imaginative Vegetarian in Barcelona
- La Boqueria – Barcelona’s Spectacular Food Market
Make sure to comment below!