In Switzerland, German is spoken in central and eastern areas, French in the west and Italian in the south. Romansch is spoken in parts of the southeast. English is widely spoken as a second or third language.
And it’s always a big help to know a few phrases in the local lingo…
Here a few links that may be of help:
Deutsch für Reisende: Travel German
Food and Drink: German Menu and Dining Guide
Newsletter: Travel German lessons (weekly for six weeks)
Bonjour! Learn French online for free!
This is a great site, you choose the phrase you want to hear and listen to the pronunciation.
- Greetings and Courtesies
- Alphabet, Numbers, Days, Months and Seasons
- Question Words, Quantities, Weather, and Time
- Asking for Help, Emergencies
- Banks, Taxis, and Restaurants
- Transportation and Finding Your Way
- Touring, Socializing, and Famous Expressions
- Love and Romance