Venice Airport Transfer: Treviso Airport, Also Known as Venice Treviso or Venice Canova:
Treviso Airport (Aeroporto di Treviso-Sant’Angelo) is generally referred to as Venice Treviso as the airport is located 3 km south-west of Treviso. Since the opening of its new terminal in 2007, it is also known as Treviso Canova (Aeroporto di Treviso A. Canova). The airport is approximately 40 km from Venice city centre.
Venice Treviso is a small airport with only one runway, but over 2.2 million passengers pass through this airport each year. It is essentially an airport for low-cost carriers and budget airlines such as Ryanair, Germanwings, Transavia and Wizz, Bellair and Skytrain fly to Venice Treviso, connecting passengers to 45 destinations around Europe. The mainstream carriers and a few budget carriers land at Venice Marco Polo International Airport.
Treviso Airport Transfers
Treviso Airport is well connected to Venice city and the Veneto.
From Treviso Airport to Treviso Railway Station
If you are going into Treviso, the ACTT (public bus service) Line 6 connects Treviso Airport to Treviso Railway Station. Journey time is about 15-20 minutes. Tickets can be bought at the Airport, at the ACTT office in front of the Railway Station or in the Railway Station. The cost is €1.20. You can also buy the ticket on board the bus but it costs €2.50. Note: If you do this, make sure you have the correct change as the driver is not obliged to give change. The ticket is valid for 90 minutes from validation.
From Treviso Airport to Venice Mestre and Venice City
Bus transfers from Treviso Airport to Venice city (Piazzale Roma) and Mestre (Railway Station) are provided by two companies:
Barzi Bus – Fly Bus by Highway links customers from Treviso Airport to Venice in 40 minutes.(see timetable)
Where to Buy Your Barzi Bus Ticket:
- At Treviso Airport – From the Treviso Tourist Information Desk. Tickets cost €7 one-way or €13 for a return ticket (the return ticket is valid for 10 days).
- On board the Barzi bus outside the Treviso Airport terminal
- In Mestre – At the Barzi Bus stop near Hotel Plaza or at the “Elite Autonoleggi” just opposite the Mestre railway station.
- In Venice – At the “Prevedello” newsstand near the Calatrava Bridge (30 metres from Piazzale Roma)
- Online – If you would like to reserve your transfer, you can book online at www.shuttledirect.com. You will need to exchange your transfer confirmation for a ticket at the Barzi Bus counter. The cost of this is in GBP. When booking, select the low-cost transfer option.
ATVO Bus – The ATVO buses don’t take the highway route and they make two stops in Mestre (Piazza 27 Ottobre and near the Mestre Railway Station). As such the ATVO transfers take a bit longer – about 70 minutes from Treviso Airport to Venice Piazzale Roma.
Where to Buy your ATVO bus ticket:
- On board Ryanair flights
- At Treviso Airport – from the ATVO ticket machine in the Arrivals Baggage Hall or at the ATVO ticket office in the Arrivals Hall (open from 07:30 – 22:30). The ticket cost is similar to Barzi Bus – €7 or €13 (return ticket is valid for 7 days).
- Online – You can buy your ticket online at www.atvo.it
- In Venice – There are a number of places in Venice where you can buy your ATVO ticket such as at the ATVO ticket office in Piazzale Roma (near the police station), the automatic ticket machines outside the ATVO office, at the Botazzo Tobaconist and Novo Tour Agency (both of which are in Piazzale Roma).
- In Mestre – At the ATVO ticket office in Piazzale Favretti (near the railway station) or at the automatic ticket machine outside the office, at Bar Binario (near the ATVO office), ATAV and 365 Grandi Biglietterie Agency (both of which are inside the railway station).
There is no direct train link from Treviso Airport to Venice but you can catch the ACTT Bus Line 6 to Treviso Railway Station (see above) and then catch a train to Venice Santa Lucia Station. Apart from being a couple of Euros cheaper, you wouldn’t be saving any time by doing this as the train journey from Treviso Centrale to Venezia Santa Lucia takes about 40 minutes. If you have luggage, it’s easier to catch the Barzi Bus or ATVO which travels into Venice city without having to make any change.
To book a taxi, see their website: www.taxitreviso.it
Map of Treviso Airport:Participate in the conversation by leaving your comment below.