We respect the privacy of those who visit our web site and those
who become subscribers. In accordance with this, we have created this
policy in order to demonstrate our privacy commitment to our users:
information that we collect when you are on our site, and when you
use our services. This policy also covers our treatment of any personally
identifiable information that third parties share with us.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of organizations that
we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information We Collect
- We collect personally identifiable information when you register
for an account, when you use our services, and when you visit our
pages. We may also receive personally identifiable information from
- When you register with us, we ask for your name and email address,
and you may also supply other personal details and interests if you
want to. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you
are not anonymous to us.
- Log File Information: We also automatically receive and record information on our server
logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information
and the page you requested. This information is not linked to your
account and will not be used to identify you.
- Cookies Information: When you visit our web site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser's directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Clear Gifs Information: When you use our web site, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your Company account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make us better for our users.
DoubleClick DART cookies
- We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
- You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
- Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
How We Use This Information
- We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our web site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the web site(for instance, in User Content you post) becomes available to the public. If you remove User Content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
- By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "No email" in the subject field. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- We may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how our web site is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Personally Identifiable Information: We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information
- We will only send personally identifiable information about you
to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Company services.
- We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
How We Protect Your Information
- We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times.
Compromise of Personal Information
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- We give you the ability to edit your Account Information and preferences
at any time, including whether you want us to contact you about new
- You may request deletion of your account by sending an email to
- Your Account Information is password-protected for your privacy
- In certain areas we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect
- This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups
available to its users. Please remember that any information that is
disclosed in these areas become public information and you should exercise
caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Purchasing on the Web site
- Travel Signposts is an Associate of Amazon.com and information
provided during all purchases made on this website from Amazon is
protected by Amazon's Security
and Privacy policies.
- We also offer our own e-books for sale through
ClickBank, E-junkie and PayPal, whose privacy and security
policies strictly protect any information supplied to them during the
- To purchase items from this
website, a purchaser needs to complete an
email address and delivery address), and financial information
(like their credit card numbers) to Amazon and/or PayPal. Credit cards
details are protected by SSL encryption. All information is stored
in our partners'
secure databases and is only accessible by authorised staff.
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Advertisements and Technologies
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements when you visit our web site. The third-party advertising technology that we use on this site uses information derived from your visits to this site to target advertising within this web site. In addition, our advertisers may use other third-party advertising technology to target advertising on this Site and other websites. In the course of advertisements being served to you, a unique third-party cookie or cookies may be placed your browser.
- We also use web beacons, provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage and optimize our online advertising. Web beacons enable us to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this site, to learn which banner ads bring users to our web site and to deliver more relevant advertising. You may "opt-out" of certain third party programs by following the instructions located at http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/index.aspx.
- Your browsing and interaction on any other Web site, including those that have a link on our Web site, is subject to that Web site's own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we
might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
our home page. If you do not agree with the changes in our policy you
have the ability to remove your account information. This can be done
by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions complete a feedback form or
send an email to email@example.com.