Ms Amabella – APT’s New Concerto Class River Boats are Designed to be Bigger:
Having introduced the Aria Class River Boats between 2006 and 2009, APT has now launched its Concerto Class River Ships with the first of two vessels commissioned in May 2010. APT’s newly inaugurated 162-passenger Ms Amabella is already a hit with the cruising community. At the Australian Cruise Passenger Readers Choice Awards in December 2010, Ms Amabella took the Best River Cruise Ship award.
The Concerto Class river boats build on the popular features of the Aria Class. These ships are slightly larger and introduce the concept of Twin Balcony Suites, i.e. an outside balcony as well as a conservatory-style inside balcony.
APT’s claim to fame is that all of their river boats provide the following benefits:
- Up to 25% more space per guest than others
- A huge choice of suite and balcony types
- The largest entry-level suites on Europe’s waterways
- A personal computer in each suite and included high-speed wireless Internet access – this facility is important to those of us who work during trips
- Flatscreen TVs
- Butler service or $150 Ship Credit, a fruit and wine platter and room service for guests in several suites on APT Exclusive Sailings
There are three specialty restaurants providing seven dining choices. The intimate Erlebnis Chef’s Table, in which 24 guests can enjoy a degustation menu prepared by a private chef, is a highlight of APT’s dining experience.
- A fully-stocked bar that’s always open
- A Fitness Centre and bicycles stored on board
- A wine room and open fireplace in the library
Other Ship Features
- An elevator – this is important to passengers with mobility problems
- Whisper-quiet engines for peaceful cruising – if you’ve cruised on earlier river boats, you’ll appreciate this improvement.
The Ms Amabella cruises the rivers of Austria, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Slovakia and Switzerland. APT is partnered with AMA Waterways and the Ms Amabella has been chartered by APT during its first year for the Australian cruise market. It will be marketed exclusively to Australians.
Note: Picture above is of the sistership Ms Amacello.So, what is your thought on this? Let me know!