River Antoinette is the Latest of Uniworld’s Luxury Floating Hotel :
In March 2011, another stunning riverboat joins the fleet of Uniworld’s European river cruises. The River Antoinette is the sister ship to the majestic River Beatrice and will cruise the Rhine River on Uniworld’s popular “Castles Along the Rhine” and “Rhine Holiday Markets” cruises.
The River Antoinette will be Uniworld’s largest ship and according to Uniworld, it will have the largest staterooms of any of the contemporary river cruise ships operating in Europe. The River Antoinette is 443 ft. length-wise and 37.5 ft. wide and the additional space is being used to create extra spacious staterooms and suites for the guests rather than increase passenger capacity. Most of the 73 staterooms will measure at 196 sq. ft with 20 staterooms being 163 sq. ft. There will be eight junior suites measuring 294 sq. ft. and one Owner’s Suite at 391 sq. ft.
With the design of the River Antoinette, Uniworld will also set a new standard in river cruising innovation by offering top deck suites and staterooms with full open-air private balconies which, with a touch of a switch, will raise the glass to create a completely enclosed conservatory during cooler weather – it would be interesting to see images of this when they are available. Other design features that will add to the comfort of Uniworld’s guests include a heated swimming pool and a sky lounge on the sun deck.
Some Features of the River Antoinette
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms with made-to-order English Savoir™ beds in fine linens, a vanity, built-in closets, safe, individual thermostat for air conditioning and heat, direct-dial telephone, flat-screen TV with satellite
- Sun deck with chess and shuffleboard, Leopard Bar, and Sky Lounge
- Princess deck (top deck) staterooms have full balconies and the pool is on this deck
- Duchess deck (middle deck) staterooms have French balconies and the fitness room is on this deck
- The floor to ceiling window in the staterooms on the Duchess Deck will be able to be lowered automatically with the touch of a button. This will replace the traditional sliding doors (French balconies) that can be found on most of the newer river cruise ships today
- There is a boutique on theCountess deck (lower deck)
- Wireless Internet access in public areas
Uniworld riverboats are really 5-star floating hotels and many of their ships and cruises have won numerous prestigious travel industry awards. No doubt the River Antoinette will collect some awards as well.What about you? What are your thoughts on this subject?