Stopping over at Heathrow Airport? You can "Explore London"
Airport terminals, no matter how plush, get a bit tedious after a couple of hours of stopover. How many times can you circle the duty-free shops, especially when there are no trolleys available to wheel your carry-ons around? Sitting at the bar and consuming copious amounts of alcohol before flights is not recommended and neither is poisoning your bloodstream with too much caffeine…this is me!
So it’s good news that Heathrow Express is now offering “Explore London” which allows passengers transferring through London to hop into town to take a quick look-around London town or to dive into Harrods or Harvey Nichols for that quick shop before catching their next flight.
The Explore London pass includes a London Underground travel card for zones 1 and 2 and roundtrip tickets on the Heathrow Express. Tickets cost £20, are valid for 6 hours and can be purchased at Terminal 5 Heathrow Express ticket desk after 10 a.m.
Terms and Conditions:
- Visitors are advised to allow at least fours hours for transport to and from London, activity and airport check-in
- The pass is valid for a period of 6 hours from 10:00 Mondays to Fridays, and for 6 hours from 05:00 on Saturdays and Sundays
- This promotion expires the 31st August 2009
- The Explore London ticket is non-refundable
- All normal security rules apply. Fast Track pass bearers must be at security at least 35 minutes before departure
- Heathrow Express are not liable for missed flight connections.
Hey Heathrow Express – 6 hours is a bit rushed given the travel time into London and back. Why not allow 8 hours and why is this promotion till end of August 2009 only?
Nevertheless the Explore London pass gives travellers the option of escaping the tedium of airport terminals and having a couple of hours in the excitement of London town.