Places To Stay in Oxford – New Oxford Hotels, B & B and Others:
With the influx of new hotels and other accommodation types in recent years, Oxford’s range of accommodation has expanded considerably. Visitors now have more interesting choices when deciding on places to stay in Oxford.
An interesting addition is the Malmaison Oxford which was formerly the Oxford Prison. This transformed prison is now a stylish boutique hotel.
Other stylish hotels include:
- Macdonald Randolph Hotel – A prestigious five-star hotel in Beaumont Street, just opposite the Ashmolean Museum. The Randolph Hotel was featured in several episodes of ‘Inspector Morse’ as a result of which it is home to the Morse Bar.
- The Old Bank – Situated in the heart of historical Oxford, this privately-owned hotel was the winner of the ‘Which Urban Chic Award’.
- The Old Parsonage Hotel – A sister hotel to The Old Bank. This centrally located boutique hotel occupies a building dating back to 1660.
- Cotswold Lodge Classic Hotel – This peaceful and elegant hotel provides accommodation in country-manor style.
- Mercure Eastgate Townhouse – Off High Street, Mercure Eastgate is in a 17th century building close to the Botanic Gardens.
- Oxford Spires Four Pillars – This hotel is set amongst 40 acres of parkland.
- Barcelo Oxford Hotel - A modern hotel about 3.2 km from the city centre. Barcelo Oxford has a leisure club and small pool.
- Holiday Inn Oxford – This hotel is on the north side of Oxford city centre.
- Express by Holiday Inn – Adjacent to the Vue cinema, bowls complex and football stadium, Express by Holiday Inn is guaranteed to appeal to families with children or teens.
Oxford B & B
There is also a new breed of sophisticated B &Bs, such as The Remont and Burlington House in Banbury Road, and Tilbury Lodge (a short ride from Oxford station). These are also extremely popular with leisure visitors.
Other Oxford Hotels
For those visitors who need to be in close proximity to the Headington hospitals, Conifers, All Seasons, the Dial House, Mount Pleasant and Pickwick’s will meet the need.
To complete the spectrum, Oxford’s excellent YHA is conveniently located next to the rail station.