Walking holidays in Cinque Terre:
The Cinque Terre is famous for its scenic coastal walking trails and if like many visitors you intend to do some walking on your holidays, you’ll need to buy the Cinque Terre Card.
There are three types of Cinque Terre cards:
- Cinque Terre Card
- Cinque Terre Card Treno (includes train)
- Cinque Terre Card Battello (ferry)
The cards give you access to the following services:
- Use of ecological park buses and public elevators
- Access to the trekking path n° 2 (which includes Via Dell’Amore or Lovers’ Walk), the naturalistic observation centres and recreation areas
- Entrance to the Sciacchetrà Museum in Manarola, the History Museum in Riomaggiore and the ancient Oil Mill in Groppo
- Entrance to the Virtual Aquarium in Monterosso al Mare (currently closed due to restoration ) and the multimedia room in Levanto
- Access to visit the Anchovies Salting Centre in Monterosso al Mare
- Three hours free hire of bicycles (where available ) for trails in the upper area of the Park
- A discount on products purchased at the Information Centres located throughout the Cinque Terre Park.
Cinque Terre Card Treno
This card includes unlimited train travel on the Levanto – La Spezia Centrale – Levanto line (on Direct Regional and Inter-regional trains in 2nd class) for the duration of your card.
Cinque Terre Card Battello
This card allows unlimited ferry travel within the Marine Protected Area of the Cinque Terre. It also allows unlimited train travel on the Levanto – La Spezia Centrale – Levanto line (on Direct Regional and Inter-regional trains in 2nd class).
The Cinque Terre Card and Cinque Terre Card Treno are available for Adults, Children, Over 70s* and Family** and are valid for 1, 2, 3 or 7 days.
* Over seventies can purchase the Cinque Terre Card Argento
** Families with more than one child can acquire the Cinque Terre Card Famiglia
The Cinque Terre Card Battello is available for Adults and Children and is valid for the day of travel only.
Hiking the various trails of the Cinque Terre is a key part of any holiday to this region and if you’re intending on doing any of the walks, including the Via Dell’Amore or Lovers’ Walk, you’ll need to pay a park entrance fee. The Cinque Terre Card and Cinque Terre Card Treno cover this fee.