HOTEL REVIEW – OUR 3-DAY STAY AT THE HOTEL OKURA AMSTERDAM WAS MOST ENJOYABLE:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is a 300-room luxury hotel in the trendy De Pijp district, south of the city centre. This modern five-star hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, a luxury hotel consortium.
We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed our stay here very much. Our room was not large, but spacious enough and it was very pleasant. The desk was large which allowed us both to work at comfortably and a second chair that we asked for arrived very promptly.
I especially liked the stylish bathroom with the glass window. The idea is that you don’t have to miss the sights of Amsterdam or watching your favourite TV show while soaking in the bathtub. If you’re concerned about privacy, you needn’t be – at the touch of a button, the electronic blind is lowered.
After a day of sightseeing, the overhead rain shower was very relaxing and the mirrors are heated so they don’t fog up – I like hotels that think of touches like this, always with the guests’ comfort and convenience in mind.
What we liked:
- Wi-Fi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge
- The flashy bathroom with nice collateral
- Professional staff and impeccable service. We rang for a porter to collect our bags and when we got downstairs the concierge had already anticipated our need for a taxi
- Breakfast was very good
- There’s a Nespresso coffee machine in the room if you like Nespresso coffee
- Usually we would shy away from dining in hotel restaurants, but the Okura Amsterdam has two Michelin-starred restaurants – The Ciel Bleu has two Michelin stars and the Yamazato has one Michelin star.
- There are lots of restaurants and shops around the hotel
- The area is quiet
- The Museum quarter is only 1 km away
What we didn’t like:
- The hotel is at the southern edge of the city centre. You do need to catch a taxi or tram to get to Amsterdam attractions. However, there is a tram stop right in front of the hotel and once you got familiar with this public transport mode, it’s easy to get to and from the hotel.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
Oud Zuid, 1072 LH Amsterdam
Map of Amsterdam: